His Love Story in the Stars

His Love Story in the Stars
2020 Challenge: His Love Story in the Stars!!!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January 21, 2015

    Amazingly, we still have no snow on the ground. Temperatures in the high 30's and next week,  low 40's. Usually, January is our coldest month with below zero temps. Well, I am not complaining, though we may get hit hard in February.
  This has been a busy month with my crazy quilting passion. I am doing the monthly CQJP2015Challenge. This is the first time I am joining in.  At least the first six will be on Peacocks.
Here's January's block:
I enjoyed doing this one so much, I have already finished February's block:
Then I decided to take on Pat Winter's challenge of doing a hand...she is going to put them all together in one quilt:
 First, I traced my hand on a square block of muslin, the I turned it over and crazy quilted the whole square, and then used my drawn line to cut out the hand pattern. I then embellished it on the front. I used several fabrics from Judith Baker Montano and lots of fancy threads, shibori and lace with my initials; I also had a nice little charm for Idaho.Was a fun project and did it in less than 3 hours.

    My classes have started up again this month, and they are having a wonderful time. We used a pattern from Vintage Vogue, Janet Stauffacher who offers her patterns on pinterest:

This is the pattern she sent me, though it is free on her pinterest site. Since I had never crazy quilted using a pattern before, I decided to use it to see how I would teach with it.

And the class was able to get their blocks completed in one class, and now we will be embellishing for the next 3 classes!
So thanks, to my crazy quilter friends for all their help and support, Pat Winter, Judith Baker Montano, Janet Stauffacher and last but not least, Dana Anderson for her geekness helps make my blog even better!!!
  Stay tuned for more info and pictures on our class as it develops!!!









2 comments:

  1. Olá,
    Adorei seu blog e as postagens, agora sou seguidora do blog.
    Venha visitar meu blog www. crochelinhasagulhas.com.br
    Você será muito bem vinda.
    Janelice Bastiani

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Janelice, I had to post your reply on crazy quilt divas facebook page to know what you commented...thanks for following...and I added your web page....join us on the facebook page also....thanks...

    ReplyDelete