His Love Story in the Stars

His Love Story in the Stars
2020 Challenge: His Love Story in the Stars!!!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Well, it's hard to believe it's March already!!!! Although, our friends in the northeast are anxiously waiting to dig out of all that snow and have some spring, it will be here soon.
Here's my front door hanger for this month, hope you like it!!!

It's always bittersweet to finish up a crazy quilt class, and Thursday was the last of four weeks. I love watching the individual creativity show up in each of the ladies. As I always tell them, I am not trying to make them into a carbon copy of me!
This was the second class of 3 hours on each Thursday for four weeks, and I just love it over a 2-hour class. We had the time to really cover a lot of stitches. They learned to do at least 15 stitches, along with some ribbon embroidery and beaded stitches. And since I am trying to learn Brazilian Embroidery, they learned a couple of those stitches also. I will let their beautiful smiles speak for themselves!
                               Janine Palmer did very well on her block, and used her creativity to remember stitches she had already known. Nicely done, Janine.
 Sandra Mertz hadn't picked up a needle in a long time, but she also did very well and mastered all of the stitches.
Diane Tauscher also mastered the different stitches, she had been in the last class and missed the last class, so she was back to catch up. Great job, Diane!
Lorna Stacey is a natural for Crazy Quilting, because she is a collector of "stuff" like me.  Also, great job, Lorna.
 Sad to say, there were  four other ladies who didn't finish the class, but I will let them know when my next class starts if they wish to do any makeups!  Lorna was also the winner of the drawing for a copy of Judith Baker Montano's book of "Elegant Stitches." Congratulations.

March and April are going to be busy months for me and crazy quilting. I am participating in the CQJP2015 this year. Here is my March block, but I am not finished with embellishing it yet.
Because I am participating in the Downton Abbey RR, I created these blocks and have sent them off to be embellished by other artist.




Well, I fell in love with one of the fabrics so much, that I made a valance for my bedroom with it!
 Here, I am cutting out the fabric, using the old valance as a pattern.
 With a strip of crocheted lace at the bottom, it fits perfect with our blinds.


 And here it is with the bedspread in the foreground. The walls are a very light sea foam green. My Hubby picked out the bedspread and that is Sonny enjoying his favorite spot. When my blocks come back embellished they will hang in this room!

StashBuilder

Nicki at RavioleeDreams on etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RavioleeDreams

Hello from snowy Massachusetts! I am Nicki Lee Seavey and I am a Crazy Quiltaholic who is also addicted to lace. I have been a Crazy Quilter for the past 9 years and love creating colorful and unique items using a variety of fabrics, laces, beads and buttons to name a few things. When I first started Crazy Quilting I searched everywhere for pretty colored laces to no avail. I then decided to take a course in fabric dyeing and started dyeing my own laces. After a while I started to get requests “where did you get that pretty lace?” When I mentioned I dyed my own, well… the rest is history. My #1 passion is collecting and dyeing pretty lace. I hand paint with dyes, each item with a tiny paintbrush in a wild array of beautiful colors. I love collecting beautiful lace trims and appliques and tend to spend a majority of my week deep in a plethora of color dyeing the days away. Over the past 5 years I have built a large customer base for custom dyed laces. Give me your color pallet and I will create a beautiful selection of dyed laces perfect for your next project. A couple years ago I started posting a “Lace of the Day’ on Face Book (Barbara Nicki Seavey) . Come visit my albums for 2013, 2014 and 2015 for some fabulous eye candy or stop in for a visit at my Etsy shop : RavioleeDreams

 To see a variety of the projects I have created, visit me at my blog cqnickilee@blogspot.com 

Well, thanks for visiting. Spring is just around the corner! And I can't wait!!!



4 comments:

  1. Your work is inspirational Brenda. I especially love your use of Shibori ribbon.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Claire...Shibori ribbon is my fave now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super door hanger Brenda. I love the Shibori ribbon - I am looking out for a UK supplier. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be interesting to see the Downton Abbey project progress - the colours you're using are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete