His Love Story in the Stars

His Love Story in the Stars
2020 Challenge: His Love Story in the Stars!!!

Monday, June 5, 2017


                          Month of Summer!!!
Well, this is the month summer starts!!! And June 21st was my start also!!! I was honored to be called to hold a demonstration of my crazy quilt passion at the Fort Hall Replica Museum again this year. The last one was 2 years ago, see post here
This year, we were in the main building, which was wonderful. Full of donated antiques. The right side is a Japanese display. I met a couple of wonderful Japanese ladies who were telling me the Japanese names of the items in the display.


I shared the day with Diana, who is a wonderful spinner of wool. Linda was finishing up a beautiful quilt, I want some of that fabric.  And Betty Jane, below, who was with me last year. What a memory this lady has!
 This is how I packed. And then repacked. Ended up with a carry-on suitcase, and then didn't carry it all in!!!
With a display case behind me, I used it to my advantage!
Sew Crazy For You!!!!
I had 4 of 5 ribbon award winners with me from the State Fair. A frequent question was, you did all of these? One young girl ask if I work on them all day! I said yes, but don't tell my husband!!!
 Close up of same corner of table. Showcasing Crazy Quilt Quarterly and Calender. 
This is the original crazy quilt magazine and is a print on demand, which means by going to the link highlighted, you can order any issue you want. Thanks to Pat Winter and Pamela Kellogg for keeping our passion alive!!!
You might recognize the fabric journal up front, or the purple and orange quilt, both of which were Round Robins.
Notice the background fabric on the table, found at Lowe's, is actually curtains. I did buy them for my sewing room, but thought they would be fun to add some sparkle to the table!
Yes they will end up in my sewing room, pictures in the future!!!!
My fabric journal was a BIG hit! Thanks go to Annette Graves for all her help and holding my hand in Facebook private messages!!! It was fun watching the young girls (and some boys) who really liked all the colors, details, etc. Told a couple moms that I learned to embroider at 10, so could I teach them!
These are a collection I am building, I call door hangers, one for each month. At top, February and March, center is for Easter and bottom, October, was stitched by Nicki Seavey
Another BIG hit was my beach picture that still needs to be framed! This was an inspiration by my good friend, Jacqueline Jamison, who is an amazing fabric artist. Visit her facebook site for some fabulous pictures.
Thanks for visiting. I absolutely love sharing my passion for crazy quilting. I have so many more ideas in my  pea brain, and need to get them on cloth!!!! I love reading your comments, so be sure to let me know if you have questions or want something that I should write about!!!
Happy Stitching!!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful display and I'm sure everyone that saw it had to have been inspired. Hopefully you will have assimilated a few more people into our crazy world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lady....it is fun sharing the history and passion of our crazy world!!!!

      Delete
    2. Taking this route to respond to your comment on my blog - you're set to 'no reply' and I can't find your email addy here. If you would email me at marmic1954 AT gmail DOT com we can get together.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I am sure your work inspired everyone you shared it with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Shirlee, it is fun watching people's eyes light up...usually the first time they have ever seen crazy quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete