His Love Story in the Stars

His Love Story in the Stars
2020 Challenge: His Love Story in the Stars!!!

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


We all deserve congratulations for making it through 2020! Prayers go out to all who have been severely affected either by the virus, or the shutdowns. Let's all pray for a Healthier and Happier New Year 2021!

I did finish my 2020 CQ Challenge from Sharon Boggon before the end of the year. What a great feeling getting it done! I must say, I am pleased with the results. I can't tell you how many times I fretted over whether it would all turn out right!

Many of you might know my 2020 story! January 6th my primary doc found a lump in my left breast. We then did tests, first a sonogram, then a MRI, and then a 3D Mammogram, which doesn't compress the tissue like a regular one would. None of these confirm it was a cancer! So much for trusting imagery. Always push further. The radiologist gave me the option of waiting 6 months and check again. What a tragedy that would have been! So I insisted on a sonogram-assisted biopsy. That was a Friday, and the test came back on Tuesday, when I got the call from my primary doctor that it was in fact, cancer. He still has tears in his eyes remembering that call!

By Friday of that week, we met with the surgeon. She said that she could guess my reaction to chemo, by looking at my chart, and that I take no medications! I said immediately, it was off the table. Later, a MammaPrint test showed that the cancer was a slow growing type, that would not respond to chemo! Of course, she said we would have to talk about radiation, and I said that was also a hard sale.

Well, February 14th I had a double mastectomy, and went home the same day! I then concentrated on healing from surgery. By March 12 I was working on my trampoline, and walking outside. 

Then the virus hit. Obviously, it closed down all treatments for everyone.  It was a God Wink that I had gotten my surgery so fast. Even my primary doc said he had never seen anyone go into surgery so fast after diagnosis.

By May I was back in my sewing room and back to work on my 2020 Challenge. I know many of you have followed my progress on this project. You can visit my Flickr page, called His Love Story in the Stars to see the whole process.

Sometime that summer my husband made the suggestion I do a crazy quilt bra as a thank you to my doc. What a great idea. So I hit the thrift stores for the right shape!

 
Then I began to pull fabrics together to decorate the bra. 
I chose these colors as I love lavender and turquoise together. And yes, most of these were used in my 2020 Challenge!
 

 

I decided on a fabric to line the inside, along with a label.

 
With the inside done, straps added, white fringe along the front bottom. I also used a yarn, chain stitched crochet and attached along the top edge.

I had ordered some padded hangers, I will attached the straps to it so that it will hang well. All in time to see my doc again on the 8th of this month! Can't wait to see his reaction!
 
Now my muse is pushing me forward to finish some projects and explore ideas of other possibilities!!!
Thanks for following me. Prayers for a Happy New Year for all of us.
Happy Stitching!
 


 

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it was found early and all is well! :) Loved following you this year both the wonderful His Love Story in the Stars and this great bra, and looking forward to what you will come up with now in the New Year. Onward and Upward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, Asha...stay tuned for the new year and new projects!!!!

      Delete
  3. The bra turned out so well. And congrats on finishing the 2020 quilt. It is so beautiful and meaningful. Alas, my project is not finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Ann, Thanks for following me...no need to stop working on it...thanks for your comments...it is good to finish a project; can't wait till doc sees his gift!!!

      Delete
  4. You have created two very amazing projects - how I wish I could see both of them in person! Happy 2021 and best wishes for continued good health and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Magpie!!! I appreciate your comments and for following me...

      Delete
  5. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use eggs. I know we have to go abroad. I was terrified. I didn't know where to go and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended Dr Itua  to me from western Africa  I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country but I well know they have powerful gifts on herbal medicines and I was afraid because of the language barrier. Anyway she convinced me to give a try. She told me that Dr Itua can also cure my prostate cancer which gives me more motivation to give a try to Dr Itua herbal center medicines. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices which I ordered two four bottles and I drank it as instructed and everything went well. My prostate cancer is gone. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses natural herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. We contacted Dr Itua and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple.  Dr Itua was so confident and hopeful he projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua herbal Cure . Don’t be afraid and just do it! 
    Dr Itua can cure the following diseases:Sickle Cell,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Lupus,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Chronic Diarrhea,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILIS,Cancer,Autism,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease,  Doctor Itua Contact    Email:    drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  Or Whats-App Chat : +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete