His Love Story in the Stars

His Love Story in the Stars
2020 Challenge: His Love Story in the Stars!!!

Friday, November 14, 2014

November 14, 2014
   The Thursday crazy quilt class only has one more session, while the Tuesday class has two more sessions...Sure makes the month go by fast for me!!!
  As usual, I set up the "Eye Candy" table...each week the items are different to show my own crazy quilt journey or progression...this is Tuesday's class...Thursday will follow these pics....
  These items are still fairly early in my career as a crazy quilter...the big one in the foreground was a wall quilt I made my parents in 1999 for their 50th wedding anniversary.  They have now passed away and I was able to get it back.
 The purple square in the middle, I did for a calendar contest, call it: "A Few of My Favorite Things"...and no, it didn't get chosen.  The foreground blue and orange, I was working on when my dad passed away in 2006...it became my "therapy" and so I dedicated it to him, call it "Peace in the Valley."
I did this vest, also in 1999. One of the students had asked me if I ever make wearable items!!!!
As I wait for the students to arrive, and since I have the use of the NKA facilities, I can put my flickr site and blog up on the front screen... Because of my friend, Nicki Seavey, having taught me how to use the "snipping tool" on the computer, I snipped a picture of these pages, along with my pinterest site and pasted them onto a power point page and printed it out for each student...makes it really easy for them to find the info later....
  So I usually have my blog page up as it greets them when they come in for class....
I have found the format of a big "U" shape for the tables with the students on the outside edges,
while I walk around to help them from the inside...cuts down on my walking with my painful knees...
 Here, you can see the students have arrived...and they immediately get to work...two hours goes by soooooo fast!!!!
So here they are, proudly demonstrating their "before" pics....I will post pictures at the end of the class to show how much embellishing they get done.....
                                                            Gracie...
                                                                Kathy...
                                                      Ellen....
                                                          Debra...
                                                          Silvia....
                                                     Kathie....
Now Thursday's class....they started a week earlier than the Tuesday class...so it's changing to the "Eye Candy" again...Tuesday will see these next week....
 You will recognize the big one on your left...I did that one in Judith Baker Montano Basic Crazy Quilt class in 2007....but I didn't finish it till 2012....actually, I still need to back it!!!
 These two squares were originally going to be a tote bag...now I think I will just hang them...the fabric in the background was the "inspiration" for all those luscious colors!
This past August I took my third class from Judith Baker Montano, on Houses to cottages....then I just felt inspired to do the Beach scene using a scan copy of one of my mother's paintings.
And now, the "Before" pictures from the Thursday Crazy Quilt class......
                                                       Patricia...
                                                               Nancy....
                                                                Barbara....
                                                                  Beth....
                                                                Cheri....
                                               Becky didn't want a picture of herself...just had eye surgery...and she is hand sewing....awesome!!!!
                                                             Angie...is my facilitator, and took my class back in January....she has just been a wonderful help.
All of the ladies are doing such a wonderful job, and have made my job easy...but most of all....we all are having a wonderful time...
   Since they won't be able to get their squares completed before class is over, I have set up a group meeting once a month in the public library as a follow up...they can bring in their projects, and get help with new stitches or ask any questions they may have...best of all...we are creating a group of crazy quilters...all in one city!!!!!
  Thanks for visiting....

2 comments:

  1. Grrrreat job Brenda! I know your students are going to walk away from your class so excited to have learned from the best teach! You certainly do deserves a lot of apples for all the work you have put into making this a fun experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nickilee....you are so sweet...wish we could teach a class together...wouldn't that be a hoot!!!!!

      Delete