His Love Story in the Stars

His Love Story in the Stars
2020 Challenge: His Love Story in the Stars!!!

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Is it really approaching the end of August already?

So much has been happening this summer! I will catch you up on my 2020 Challenge, but first I wanted to share our Arizona trip in July. Yes, July!!! It was hot, but when those tremendous Monsoon rains came in, it cooled down and gave us a break!!

We had almost 10 days, while staying at Worldmart in Scottsdale, we drove everyday to see Sedona, Payson, and Prescott and just about every nook and corner of the whole area!!!
While having a burger in Prescott, the Monsoon rains came in...and we were really glad we were inside!
You definitely take cover when it rains this hard!
In Sedona, which we spent a couple days here, we found a wonderful quilt store called, Quilter's Store Sedona. You can visit their Facebook page also.
While the lady helped me with my purchases, helping me find more and more "star" fabrics, she was fascinated with my idea.  So she took me to the next building where they have classes, and showed me the most magnificent quilt. It is called Spiral Galaxy by Jody Gagnon.

It was such a joy and pleasure to see it in person. It literally sparkles. You can see it on the store's Facebook site, and also on Quilt Inspiration blog site. Thanks ladies for a wonderful visit!!! I am enjoying my fabrics!!!

One of the days, we manage to get down to Tucson to visit with my sister.  Sandy enjoyed a quiet day relaxing while we went shopping.  The minute we walked into The West Inc. I knew I was in trouble!!!  
 Literally, hundreds of threads of all types covered one whole wall!!! A sales lady walks up to me and ask if she could help me.  Well, Betsy Libby was just the best!!! When I told her that I was working on a project that needed lots of blues, purples, and whites, and special charms, but only needed one of each...she looked at me and asked, "Are you doing the 2020 Challenge?" That about knocked me over!!! I said, "how do you know about that?" Well, she is on Crazy Quilt Divas and follows all of us doing the Challenge!!! So then she really got into it, and found some discontinued and marked down threads in the classroom...don't miss that room!!!!
Thanks, again, Betsy, I know there's at least a couple of Divas that have visited the store!!!
Well, we enjoyed our trip so much, that we are planning on spending some time in the 5th wheel this winter in Arizona!!!
 
Now, an update on my 2020 Challenge called "Gospel in the Stars". It's never too late to start your own challenge.
 
I keep adding to my "library" of books on the stars...
And each one adds a bit more to my knowledge, and I have to say, my faith. It's not that the stars justify the Bible. It just fascinates me that God named the stars for the benefit of early man. "He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names." Psalm 147:4, King James. 
This is God's astronomy, not man's astrology. God forbids us to seek to know the future through the stars, or anything else:

   "There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
  Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
  For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee." 
Deu 18:10-12 King James
 
So I left off starting Scorpio on my last post. So here it is finished.
I have found these charts on the net, mostly in Pinterest, and you can find them and more on my board: 

Constellations...Gospel story in the Stars

If anyone knows who these trace back to, I would like to acknowledge them here, and possibly on the quilt.

Sagittarius was next. The shibori ribbon on the lower left is done to symbolize the bow above! Loved finding the "diamond" arrow, placed to land on the dragon!!!

 
Next is Capricorn:

 
The last one just finished, Aquarius, makes the halfway point of the 12 constellations.
 
If you don't believe in Unicorns?   "God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows." 
Num 24:8 King James

So look closely, there's a Unicorn included!!!
 
As you can see from each chart, there are three other constellations that help tell the whole story. Which makes 48 constellations in all. Each chart gives us the stars names in ancient languages, usually Hebrew, but also can be Arabic, Coptic or Chaldean. The last column gives us Bible references.
 
So total count to date:  Fabrics: 65; embellishments: 255!!! Sometimes I think of a charm to add after the fact, so the numbers may change by the end...
 
The twelve constellation blocks will line up like above.
 
Then with these fabrics, I will make a circle in the middle.  I may also do the blues as another set of blocks around the first set.  So there's lots of room to meet my 2020 Challenge!!!!
 
Thanks for visiting....and Happy Stitching!!!
 
 
 


 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your blocks are completely out of this world!! How I wish I could see them in person to ooh and aah over all the little details that don't show on the computer screen. You should be so proud of this project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, thanks so much...who knows, maybe one day!!! Will be working on it this winter in the Rv!!!

      Delete