His Love Story in the Stars

His Love Story in the Stars
2020 Challenge: His Love Story in the Stars!!!

Thursday, August 15, 2019




AND WHAT A YEAR THIS HAS BEEN!!!

We have moved to Lewiston, and right now trying to get set up in our new house.  It has been an exhausting year. With ups and downs.

We arrived in October, got settled into the rental, but left most of what we owned in boxes. It was great to slow down from all the work of moving.  By January, our little Sonny was showing signs of sickness. Vet said all three were showing signs of kidney disease, and changing their diet would help them manage it, maybe for years.  Two weeks later, Sonny is back to the vet, not eating or doing well.  This time, cancer had shown up in nodes.  We put him on steroids to boost his appetite, and maybe shrink the cancer.  It did work for a while, but we only got the six weeks extra with him. I was his 24 hour caregiver, and would have taken more if I could. He was my constant companion over 17 1/2 years and I miss him dearly.

FOREVER IN MY HEART...SEE YOU AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE!

With Sonny at my side, this January I worked on my 2020Challenge, Gospel in the Stars. I will always treasure those moments.  I did get the whole center completed that month.

This is what is completed so far. I am a little over 1600 count.  As you can see, there are still 4 corners to be added, and I have planned them out on Powerpoint! Unpacking is my new exercise program right now, but I hope to be back to work on this quilt by Christmas, giving me a whole year left to finish!

I have an article published in the Crazy Quilt Quarterly, just out, that does go into a little more details of the 2020 Challenge quilt. You can click on the link to order a copy. Also the link on the challenge will go to Sharron Boggon's blog.

 Next month, on September 3rd, I am doing my first Trunk Show for the Kamiah Quilt Guild at their meeting.  I will post some pictures next blog!

As always, thanks for following me and I enjoy reading your comments.

BJ Sandusky,

Happy Stitching!


 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about Sonny- they are our faithful companions aren't they and we miss them tremendously. Your 2020 Challenge piece is looking spectacular - one of those things that I would love to see in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your words, and who knows, maybe someday our paths will cross...I do plan on taking it with me whenever we do an rv trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete