His Love Story in the Stars

His Love Story in the Stars
2020 Challenge: His Love Story in the Stars!!!

Monday, October 28, 2019

Halloween is almost here!!!!
I know that is hard to believe. We have only been in our house since August 1...but we are settled in with only a few things to do before winter sets in.

Some of you have followed our journey from Pocatello to Lewiston over the last year. I will do a pictorial recap of getting my sewing room set up!
When we bought this house in February, half of the basement was nothing but concrete walls as one whole room.


Above is the contractor standing in the "library" and me standing in my "classroom" looking through the utility room. Below is my sewing room, with old window, and we kept the old desk.
 Below we took out the window, and added a door and a huge old bush was taken out.
Jump forward by a few months...and we have completed painting, laying of floors and carpet upstairs. Time to unpack and move in!
 Above is my sewing room, where the window used to be, now there is a door. Window was rescued and put in our bedroom as a second window.
 This is my closet, and looking down the hallway, bathroom on right, and large room at end.
Here is my "classroom" in it's beginning, egress window is new, plus it has a closet.
Above and below, floor is being laid in both rooms. Because some of the walls are concrete, the baseboards were glued in and the stretch bars held in place overnight.
See, we did keep the old desk, but I had the contractors cut off the left side where it had a rounded overhang!
All my cubicles had to be put back together! They are numbered and wrapped together.

 My wonderful hubby helping with putting together.
Above you can see the cubicles going in place, Sandy below is now putting up pictures and other hanging elements.
 I call this room my studio, and my favorite artist, Susan Rios is back, titled "A New Arrangement", boy is that ever true!
Now you can see some organization is happening...
 Let's see how the "classroom" is coming together.
We still had boxes to deal with as we put the cubicles together.
The table we just happened to buy at a garage sale before we even moved in..for only $20!
With unpacking the cubicles became full, and some decorations get displayed!
Love lights with glassware!
My 2020 Challenge, "Gospel in the Stars" quilt is on the table waiting to be finished!
 Artwork is now showing up on the walls!
 Above, I hung the quilters loop on the wall with the intention of hanging my seasonal pieces!


Now back to my studio, for some organizing ideas.
My yarns hang on the back of closet doors.

My mother painted the beach picture.
                                          Ribbons above with yarns below.
                              More ribbons above and specialty threads. 
                        oh, on the right is a collection bookmarks!!!
 Genius at work!!!
Closet has two shelves, where I have put all my books.
 Next goal is to fill up the closet with shelves so more supplies will be found.
So this past week I have finished three UFO'S...
     Downton Abbey is a RR 
I participated in 2015
The pocket on the back is for the booklet others signed.


Started this piece in 2018 just before we moved.
I actually thought I had lost it, as it was not packed with the rest of my projects.  I took the time to go through every plastic bin with fabrics to make sure the labels were correct, and suddenly found it!
Which was no small feat!
But I was very happy to find it!
 
  I call it "Never Forget" for September 2011...in time to hang for Veterans Day!

 And finally, last by not least this week, I finished a piece I didn't know how to finish. Got the tip for Allison Aller of how to back it and finish it off, the original beach idea came from Jackie Jamison.


 I call this one, Beach Therapy.
 The front panel is pulled tight and wrapped around a piece of firm cardboard...

The back is also covered over a white board, and then put together and slip stitch together. Then I took the yarn and crocheted a chain stitch to whip stitch to cover the edges. It is so light weight and easy to hang anywhere! Thanks Ladies!
Well, thanks for visiting...I have 3 more UFO projects to finish, so I will highlight them next time. 
It is a great feeling to finally be settled in and enjoying life. That move was enough stress to last us a lifetime!! But not sorry that we did move!!!

As always, thanks for following me...and Happy Stitching...and be sure to check out my Flickr page for lots of pictures of my journey...
 https://www.flickr.com/photos/60882932@N06/



 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What fun to watch your creative space morphing! Trying very hard not to be jealous of all that wonderful space!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,MA, it's been quite an adventure, and quite satisfying to set up my space from pure basics!! I love the colors, and the space to move around...thanks for following me!!!

      Delete